Here are some Excellent reasons why the Holidays are the Best Months to Buy and Sell a Home:
Buying a Home:
- Interest Rates are at a Historic Low!
- Less Buyers (aka Competition) during the Holidays.
- It is easier to Negotiate Home Price with Less Competition, especially when you have the right Realtor!
- Job Transfers usually start at the beginning of the year!
- Start the year fresh by moving into a bigger and better home!
- There are excellent Tax Benefits to Buying a Home!
Selling a Home:
- Holiday Home Buyers are More Serious Buyers!
- Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market!
- If you are doing a Short Sale, the Debt Forgiveness Act may not be extended.
- Serious Buyers have more time off to view homes with the Family.
Although the list may conflict each other in some aspect, the biggest key to buying or selling a home successfully during the Holidays is having the right Realtor to be able to negotiate the differences to your advantage!
If you would like me to stop by and give you a free estimate on your home, please feel free to contact me at (805) 217-1368.
Troop Real Estate